Thursday, October 24, 2013

Blingy Coffin

Hi crafty friends!
Happy Thursday!

Thanks so much for hopping along with us in the All About Fall Blog Hop.
I had random.org choose a winner from the comments and the winner is
#3 Kimberly who said:
This is just adorable!! Love that little acorn box! What a fun gift set :)
Congrats Kimberly!!
Please send me an email with your mailing addy so I can get that paper pad on it's way to you

This week the Joy's Life Design Team is showing you
projects that incorporate Bling in them.

I found a plain little wooden coffin box and that makes spooky sounds when the lid is opened, so I decided to alter it and make it pretty. Well, as pretty as a spooky coffin can get I suppose lol!


I simply inked the box with some black soot ink and then adhered some patterned paper.
Once my patterned paper was attached, I added some spider webs and a bat to the box.
I made a little rosette and added some bling to the front as well.

Here is a side view so you can see how deep it is:

For the Oct. 31, I used a stamp from the Halloween Puns Joy's Life stamp set:

Spooky!!!

Look at all the great sayings on this set:

You can see all of Joy's Products at her store by clicking HERE

Don't forget to check out the Joy's Life Design Team blog for daily inspiration!

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it!

I hope you have a fabulous crafty day!
Photobucket
*I created this project while on the Joy's Life Design Team*

Supplies:
Joy's Life Products:

Other Products:
Patterned Paper: Enchanted (Authentique)
Punches: Spiderweb (Martha Stewart), Bitty Bat (SU!)
Ink: Black Soot (Ranger)
Misc.: Wood Coffin Box, Bling (Me & My Big Ideas), Foam Adhesive (recollections)

4 comments:

Julie Odil said...

This is an awesome blinged up coffin! Love that hinge on it!

Kimberly J. said...

Wow this is such a find and you did an amazing job on it. I love that spooky rosette!! Great job!

Kimberly J. said...

Oh my gosh, Yay!!! I am so excited to have won!! That paper is so pretty!! Thank you!! :) :)

Sherrie K. said...

This is such a FUN project! Your decked this coffin all up so cool! Love the rosette and the papers are perfect!
Sherrie K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...