Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cartridge Toss-Up with Straight From The Nest part 2

Happy Thursday! So sorry for posting this so late. I have been having a slow kinda day around here. :)

For today's card, I wanted to make a simple but elegant card to have on hand for whatever occasion. Whether it be a birthday, thank you or just because. I was inspired by some little die-cut note cards in the SU idea book, and decided to see if I could make my own. Here is my card:




I took two rectangles from George and welded them together in my gypsy for my card base. I then took the medallion and sized it at 3" and welded that into the front of my card. Voila! Easy Peasy! I cut it out with my cricut and lined the inside of the card with some Pink Pirouette cardstock, added a scallop trim, a bow and a little rhinestone to the center and my card was complete. Quick and easy but so pretty at the same time. Gotta love that! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog today. I hope you have a great crafty day!



Supplies:
Gypsy
Cricut--George and Basic Shapes & Straight From The Nest
Cardstock--White (PTI) & Pink Pirouette (SU!)
Punch--Scallop Sentiment (Fiskars)
Ribbon--Offray

8 comments:

Jazmin said...

I love this... simple... elegant... gorgeous...

Jazzy
www.jazzyscards.blogspot.com

Kimberly J. said...

Wow this is so pretty. I love the colors you picked out too. How very creative! You could use this for almost anything! :) Great Job!

Anonymous said...

This is just stunning!

Jen said...

Stacey, I love the soft colors of this card! It is simply elegant!

~ Jen, CWC Design Team

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is so elegant Stacey! I keep saying I want to do clean and simple, but never do. This card is perfect. I may try my hand at this one!

Deb said...

Love this idea Stacey but when I tried it I did not get the same results you did-it cut the whole medallion shape out so now I have a hole in the front of my card. :-( Have some questions for you if you could please email me at deb@rainks.com
I would greatly appreciate it!
Deb

Maria Elena said...

Super cute ! love that lace !

Thanks for comment in my blog !
Have a great Wednesday...
Maria Elena ;-)
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Debican said...

This card totaly caught my eye. Love, love, love it!
Hugs, Debi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...