Monday, February 7, 2011

Cartridge Toss-Up with Tie the Knot

Happy Tuesday! I am going to try something new. Sometimes it is so hard for me to keep up with all the images on all my cricut cartridges, and I forget what they all have on them. I get into the habit of having a favorite and that seems to be the "go to" cartridge for me. I have also noticed that some of my cartridges haven't even been used. Yikes! So, I decided to explore each one of my cartridges each week. I made this little jar and put the names of each one of my cartridges in it. Each week, I will pick out a new cartridge and make at least 2 projects with it. It will start each Tuesday with the first project and wrap up on Thursday or Friday with the last project.




The first cartridge picked is Tie The Knot. This is one of the cartridges that I have never ever used. This was my first time using it. :) I had so much fun making today's project and I can see this cartridge for many projects, not just wedding themed.

I decided to make the Bride box and the Groom box for my first project.



Aren't these the cutest little boxes ever? Not only would they be perfect for a wedding, but how cute would the bride box be for a sweet sixteen party? Or both of them for a prom party?





I kept them pretty simple and they took minutes to make. They were so easy to do. I added some ribbon on the bride box to hold it closed and added some hot pink rhinestones to the tux for the shirt buttons. The Bride box was cut at 11.5" and the Grrom box was cut at 10.25" Thanks so much for stopping in and taking a look. Have a great crafty day!


Supplies:
Cricut--Tie the Knot
Card stock--Black (Recollections), White (PTI), Pink (Bazzill)
Offray Ribbon
Studio 18 Rhinestones

11 comments:

Celeste B. said...

You did such a great job!!! I love those!! TFS! :)

Melissa said...

Love this idea and your projects are fantastic!

Rose said...

These are really fabulous, I love them! I love your idea, I have way too many cartridges I have not used or even opened. TFS!!

Kimberly J. said...

What a great Idea Stacey! I love those little boxes! How fun :) I can't wait to see what comes up next!

Unknown said...

They are fabulous

Kim said...

I just love the little dress and tux boxes! I wish I had a cricut and that cart for my daughters wedding!
~Kim

jenni said...

That bride box would be awesome for a bridal shower, I love it!

GabyCreates.com said...

So so lovely!! I love the color you chose for the brides' and of course the tux look great! Gaby

Jessi Myers said...

What a great challenge! I love your projects - can't wait to see what's coming up! :)

Kim. said...

Awesome job they look amazing.
Kim xXx

Laura (tweetyb) said...

WOW!! These are amazing!!!
Laura =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...