Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cooking With Cricut #51

Happy Wednesday! Are you guys ready for a new challenge week over at Cooking With Cricut? In honor of Grandparent's Day (September 11), you are challenged to create a project about or for your grandparents or a heritage type project.

Here is what I came up with:



I made a card to send in honor of Grandparents Day. For my card, I used a sketch from Page Maps (Card Maps March 2008) for my inspiration. My brackets were cut from Plantin Schoolbook at 2" and my flower was cut from Lovely Floral at 3", 3.5" and 4". Once I had my flowers cut out, I sprayed them with a little bit of Perfect Pearls Mist and crumbled them up and layered them on top of each other for some dimension. When they were dry, I added some glossy accents to give the flower some shine and attached a Dew Drop in the center. For the sentiment, all I did was type it up on my computer and print it out.

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by today. I appreciate it. Don't forget to stop by Cooking With Cricut to see what the other DT girls did to inspire you as well as entering the challenge yourself. I hope you have a great crafty day!
Photobucket

Supplies:
Cricut Expression
Cricut Cartridges: Plantin Schoolbook & Lovely Floral
Cuttlebug: Swiss Dots
Card Stock: Crumb Cake (SU!)
Patterned Paper: Linen Closet (DCWV)
Misc.: Page Maps Sketch, Ticket Corner Punch (SU!), Dew Drops, Glossy Accents, Perfect Pearls Mist

1 comments:

Kimberly J. said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the soft colors and the card design!! Great card friend :):)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...