Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Fun In The Sun--A Krafty Girls Challenge

Happy Tuesday!
Are you guys ready for another awesome challenge starting today at

Challenge #10 is all about Fun In The Sun---Create a project that inspires you about summer.

I decided to make a card based on the most loved items in my closet :o)
Flip Flops!



I love flip flops! I look forward to warm weather just so I can wear them. Although if I am being truly honest, I pretty much wear them year round, even when it is 40 degrees outside. :o)

Anywho, for my card, I created a ruffled border by using my diamond lace border punch from EK Success and layered them on top of each other. I added a seam binding bow and then added that to my white card base. For my flip flops, I cut them out of the Car Decals cricut cartridge at 3.25" and attached them to the top of my white base.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and taking a look at my latest creation. I really appreciate it! Don't forget to head over to the Krafty Girls blog to see more fun in the sun projects from the design team. I hope you will enter the challenge. I look forward to seeing what you create!

I am also linking up my card into the following challenges:

Celebrate the Occasion: Welcome Summer

Have a great crafty day!
Photobucket
Supplies:
Cricut Cartridge: Car Decals
Card Stock: Green (DCWV), White (Georgia Pacific)
Patterned Paper: Mabel (My Mind's Eye)
Punch: Diamond Lace (EK Success)
Misc.: Pumpkin Pie Marker (SU!), Seam Binding, Flowers (Offray)

11 comments:

Maribel said...

The ruffled border looks amazing! I love how these two colors look together!
Maribel

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Stacey!! I love the colors you used and the pretty scallops along the bottom!! The flip-flops are fabulous!! I also live in them, pretty much all year around...at least inside the house during winter ;) Love this :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Adrian said...

So cute!

Jennifer said...

Your border is gorgeous. I love how you tied your bow. I am always amazed at how well bows add the perfect touch to any project.

Diana said...

I love your border like everyone else! Great job!

Arcy Scraps said...

The border looks fantastic! Car Decals?? hmmm I need to take a look at that cartridge again :-) Your card is so pretty Stacey!

Karen said...

Adorable card, Stacey! I love the punch you used and your stitching looks great! I really like the flowers on the sandals too! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Dee Burns said...

Cute! Flip Flops are a girl's best friend...one of them anyway. Love how you creatively placed the border. Really like the summer fun colors.

Have a great week!
Dee B

Anonymous said...

Cute! Flip Flops are a girl's best friend...one of them anyway. Love how you creatively placed the border. Really like the summer fun colors.

Have a great week!
Dee B

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I love the fun border at the bottom and your color combo with the pretty flip-flops made for such a fabulous card! Thanks for joining us this week for our "Welcome Summer" challenge @ CTO :)

DIANA L. said...

Super cute flip flop card
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...