Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Use It Tuesday #48--Warm It Up

Hi everyone!
Are you guys ready for another great Use It Tuesday challenge?

If you are anything like me, you have a bunch of stuff that has been bought and forgotten about.
Use It Tuesday is a challenge blog that encourages you to use all those hoarded supplies.

For challenge #48, you are being challenged to 
Warm It Up!
Use red, orange and/or yellow.

Here is the card that I created for the challenge:

Let me tell you about some of my hoarded supplies that I used on my project. 

I cut my flip flops out of my Car Decals cricut cartridge at 3". 
I have had that cartridge for well over a year and have only used it once. 

For my patterned paper,I dug through some old stacks and ran across a ColorBok one that I got at Wal-Mart at least 2 years ago.It had this great orange and white paper in there so I took the plunge and cut it for my card lol! 

The bling in my flowers on my flip flops is from Doodlebug Designs. I have had those for 6 months and have never even opened the package until this project!

That pretty red ribbon actually came from around a set of pajama's that my daughter got for Christmas. 

It feels so great to use up some of the items that I have purchased over the years! 
If you are anything like me and have some forgotten stash, we would love it if you would play along with us!
So head over to Use It Tuesday to read all about the challenge and to see all the beautiful warm projects that my DT sisters came up with! 
Challenge ends Feb. 1, 2013

Have a great crafty day! 
Photobucket
I am also entering my card into the Die Cutting Divas Challenge #99


Supplies: 
Cricut Cartridge: Car Decals
Card Stock: Real Red (SU!), White (Georgia Pacific)
Patterned Paper: ColorBok
Stamp: Pun In The Sun (Joy's Life)
Ink: Real Red (SU!)
Punch: Double Loops (Martha Stewart)
Misc.: Glossy Accents, Tangerine Bling (Doodlebug Designs),Ribbon, Button, Twine (Studio G)

13 comments:

Brenda said...

This is really a cute and bright card, Stacey!

Lauren said...

I love the birghtness of this card, so cute and summery!

Danielle said...

Fabulous card, I sooo love that quote! :-)

Sherri said...

I just adore your summery card. Makes me want to be somewhere warm, lol.

Tamika said...

I love the colors & design!

Pat N. said...

Warm thoughts in the dead of winter--what a great card. Thanks for playing at DCD this week!

SandeeNC said...

I love that sentiment, haven't seen that one before, and your card is just too cute. I don't have too many things so everything gets used, wish I had the room to hoard away....errrr....keep lots of stash! Thanks for visiting my blog, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

L.B. said...

I love the colors your used...now I need a beach quick. Very fun.

Scrapping Girl said...

Love the sentiment! It feels so good to "shop the stash" and I think it's very cool how you recycled the ribbon from the PJs!

Gerda said...

Very pretty card!! Love the bright colors and great sentiment! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Stephanie U said...

What a bright, fun card! And the way you did the flower on the flip flops are so fun!

Linda Roessler said...

love the colors!

Sandy Ang said...

what a cool card !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...