Wednesday, February 5, 2014

MCT--Whatever Wednesday!

Hi friends!
Happy Wednesday!! It's almost the weekend! Woot Woot!!

Today over at the My Creative Time blog, it is Whatever Wednesday!
For whatever Wednesday, we can create anything we would like to create using those fabulous My Creative Time Stamps and Dies!

I decided to make a little treat holder for Valentine's Day since that day is drawing near.


For my tube holder, I followed a tutorial that I found HERE. I modified mine just a bit by using a piece of 4 x 12 cardstock so that it stood taller in the back. Once I had my holder built, it was time to start decorating :) For the front of my holder, I used the XOXO die and some of the hearts from the Stitched Sweetheart & XOXO die set. I love how the XOXO hangs off of the sides just a bit! For my small hearts, I used the 4x4 Journal Die + More set. Then I simply added a little bling in the opposite corners. For my tube, I filled it with some ROLO candies.  I added a thin strip of patterned paper to the lid and then tied some ribbon around the top of the tube. I then used a heart from the Stitched Button Dies to thread some twine through so that I could have the medium sized heart from the Stitched Sweetheart & XOXO set dangle.  (My wonderful DT sister Teri, made some bookmarks with some dangling hearts and I knew I wanted to incorporate that into this project. You can see her post on how she did that by clicking HERE.) My sentiment came from the Puffy Hearts Just For You Stamp Set. 

For the top of my tube, I used a circle punch and then added another heart button from the Stitched Button Dies and tied a little twine bow. 


I love how this project turned out! My hubby was home when I was making it and already called "dibs" on the candy lol! 

Be sure to check out the My Creative Time blog to see all the inspiring projects that my wonderfully talented Design Team sisters came up with! They never disappoint!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and taking a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it!!
I hope you have a great crafty day!!

 photo signaturecopy_zpsa1897fa6.png

Supplies Used:
My Creative Time Products:

Other Products:
Cardstock: Recollections. Patterned Paper: Valentine (Recollections). Inks: Basic Gray & Melon Mambo (SU!), Misc.: Baker's Twine (Darice), Ribbon (AC), Bling (Offray), 1" Circle Punch (Fiskars), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Candy Tube

12 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Your treat holder is so adorable I love the papers you used and how you used all of Miss Emma's goodies you really are such a clever, creative and talented gal.

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable treat tube, love it!!!

candio said...

Cute tube holder! Love all the heart embellishments!!

Rosie said...

love this very pretty

mickeydee said...

Very cute {and delicious] Love it.....dianne

LucyLu said...

This is so adorable!!! Love the colors :)

jessica said...

Super CUTE CUTE CUTE project Stacey!!
LOVE it!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Your project is so pretty! I like the hanging heart tag. The Rolos fit perfectly in the tube. Nice your husband is helping you eat the candy. Super job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cindy Beland said...

SUPER DUPER cute treat holder Stacey, LOVE IT!!! :)

Crafting Katie said...

This is so awesome, Stacey! Such a fun design, and you decorated it beautifully!!!

Kim H said...

Stacey ~ Oh this is to CUTE! I like how you extended the back too! I so agree with that! All the details are PERFECTION!!!

Kimberly J. said...

Awesome treat holder!! I love the hear hanging down and the pretty pink and brown! Great design!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...