Thursday, February 13, 2014

My Creative Time Thrifty Thursday!!

Hi friends!
Happy Thursday!!

Today over at the My Creative Time blog, it is Thrifty Thursday!
This is the day that the DT creates projects made from scraps or recycled items. 

I decided to pull out some scraps and make a fun little birthday card.


All of my patterned papers as well as the white and kraft cardstock were from my scrap pile. 
For my card, I used the Stitched Capture Frame with Arrow die set to create a little frame for my card front. To create my little scene, and to get the most out of my scraps, I paper pieced that cute little branch, owl and balloons from the Birthday Buddies stamp set.  My little banner was cut out using the 4x4 Journal Die + More set. My bow was also made from some ribbon scraps!! To finish off my bow, I added a little button from the Stitched Button Die set and a little twine bow. 

I even had enough of the scraps left over to create another banner to put on the inside of my card:

The Happy Birthday also came from the Birthday Buddies stamp set. 
I had a lot of fun making this card, not to mention I was so happy to be able to use up some of those scraps that I always seem to keep :) 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and taking a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it!

Be sure to check out the My Creative Time blog to see all the Thrifty Thursday projects that my wonderfully talented Design Team sisters came up with! They never disappoint!

I hope you have a fabulous crafty day!

 photo signaturecopy_zpsa1897fa6.png

Supplies:
My Creative Time Products:

Love Bug Creations Products:

Other Products:
Cardstock: Melon Mambo (SU!), Kraft & White (Recollections). Patterned Paper: American Crafts. Inks: Melon Mambo & Baked Brown Sugar (SU!). Misc.: Dimensionals (SU!), Twine, Glossy Accents, White Gelly Roll Pen, Diamond Stickles

12 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Your card is simply precious and adorable and your owl is so stinkin' cute!! Love the papers, colors and how you used all of Miss Emma's goodies and girl I love it that you did the inside of your card great clever and creative job!!!!!!!

Crafting Katie said...

OMG, your paper piecing is AWESOME!!! This turned out just adorable, Stacey!!!

sweetpeaemmalou said...

This is just darling!! Love the little birthday owl!! Wonderful work!

snappy scrappy said...

Really cute card design...love your paper pieced owl!!

jessica said...

LOVE your birthday card!! The colors, the pattern papers and all those GREAT MCT dies and stamps!
AWESOME card Stacey!!!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Your card is so cute Stacey!!!

bumblebee creations said...

So super cute....love it, so bright and fun!!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

stacey, this is too stinkin' cute! I need to remember to pull out that sweet set!

quilt4fun2 said...

Great job paper piecing this sweet card. Great way to use scraps.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cindy Beland said...

Your card is just TOO CUTE Stacey, AWESOME job!!! :)

LucyLu said...

Very cute card Stacey! :D

Kim H said...

Stacey ~ Oh my look how CUTE this card is!! You paper piecing is unbelievable too! I LVOE this lttle owl and need to pull him/her out more!! ADORABLE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...