Thursday, December 2, 2021

Christmas Joy

Hi crafty friends!

I hope you are all having a fabulous day!

Today I am sharing a sweet and simple Christmas card that I created using a new stamp set from



Aren't those little Wise Men the sweetest??
I knew I wanted to make a simple card when I saw this stamp set so that the focus of the card could remain on the images and sentiment. I started by ink blending a night sky and adding some yellow for the glow of the star. I splattered some gold metallic watercolor onto the background and then set that aside to dry. While that was drying, I stamped the three Wise Men from the Oh Holy Night stamp set, colored them with my Copic markers and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I created an A2 cardbase from some white cardstock and adhered the night sky panel.  I layered some gold foil cardstock and white cardstock together, used a circle die to cut out an opening for the night sky to show through, stamped my greeting and popped it up onto my card front with foam tape. I heat embossed my star with some gold embossing powder, used some more of the gold metallic watercolor to color it in and popped it up with more foam tape. I completed my card by adding those adorable Wise Men.
So simple and sweet!

Copic Colors used:
**Wise Man #1**
 Hair: W3, W7, 100. Skin: E53, E55, R20. Outfit: Y26, G21, YG63, G46, V15.
**Wise Man #2**
Hair: E21, E23, E25. Skin: E000, E00, R20. Outfit: V12, V15, V17, Y26, Y28.
**Wise Man #3**
Hair: E31, E99, YR14. Skin: E00, E11, R20. Outfit: B21, B34, B37, Y26.

I would like to play along with the following challenges:
&


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and taking a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it!
I hope you have a great crafty day!

Ink N Splatter Products Used:
Other Products Used:
  • Cardstock: White (Neenah), Gold Foil (Park Lane)
  • Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chipped Sapphire, Squeezed Lemonade and Wilted Violet Distress Oxides & Versamark.
  • Dies: Nesting Circles (WRMK)
  • Misc.: Gold Metallic Watercolor, Foam Tape, Gold Gel Pen, Gold Embossing Powder, Copic Sketch Markers.






8 comments:

meg said...

Your Wise men are absolutely adorable and look brilliant against your beautiful background,thank you for joining in at MMM

Lucille K said...

Such a sweet card, love the colors you've used. Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Divas :)

Dawn Phillips said...

This is lovely. Traditional but also so sweet. Thanks for joining my challenge at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

foleysfriend said...

Adorable card. I love the night sky you created behind the three wise men. The sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

sue n.

Arlene said...

How adorable. So cute and I love your night sky panel as the background. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2021/12/frantic-stamper-in-december-could.html for our Challenge of Winter/Christmas project with an optional twist to make a shaped Winter/Christmas Card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable wise men, Stacey, and I love your blended sky in the circle frame!! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas!!

DebbieS said...

This is so cute - I love the background colours and your 3 wee wise men

Marlene Atkinson said...

A super cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at THAIC Challenge. Marlene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...