Thursday, June 15, 2017

Camp Create 2017 Day 1: Wonderful Watercolor

Hi everyone! 
I'm back with a quick post to share the card that I created for 
Day 1 of the MFT Camp Create.


Day 1 was all about watercolor. We were to create a project that incorporated watercolor in some way. I decided to make a little watercolor scene with my watercolors and to also watercolor my images. Since it is almost Summer, those cute penguins from the Penguins In Paradise set quickly came to mind. 


 I started with some watercolor cardstock and stamped my palm tree and heat embossed it with some clear embossing powder. I then started coloring my tree with my watercolors and created my sand, water and sky. I used a Cross Stitch Rectangle Stax to cut out my scene panel.  I stamped my penguin and used some clear embossing powder and then proceeded to color him with some watercolors also. I fussy cut him out and popped him up with some foam tape to my scene. I used the Hello from the Happy Greetings dies for my greeting. I finished off my card with some clear wink of stella and some morning dew nuvo drops. I love these penguins!! 


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog today!
I really appreciate it!
I hope you have a great crafty day!!

Supply List:
--Cardstock: Canson Watercolor, Kraft (Recollections), Vellum (Neenah)
--Stamp: Penguins In Paradise (MFT)
--Dies: Cross stitch rectangle stax & happy greetings (MFT)
--Misc.: Foam Tape, Versafine Black Ink, Clear Embossing powder, Artist Loft Watercolors, Morning Dew Nuvo Drops, Clear Wink Of Stella

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cute!!

Georgiana said...

Looks great! I had fun with this Camp Create activity.

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute!

Scrapper69 said...

Awesome Background.. LOVE the beach scene & I adore penguins so this card makes my heart happy! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...