Sunday, June 18, 2017

Camp Create 2017 Day 4: Sensational Sliders

Hi everyone! 
I'm back again today with a quick post to share the card that I created for 
Day 4 of the MFT Camp Create


Day 4 was all about making any type of slider card.



I thought the example card in the Day 4 video was pretty neat with the way it opened so I thought I would give it a try. I don't have the die that is seen in the video but it wasn't too hard to figure out. I inked up my top panel with distress inks to represent the sky and grass and then started cutting. I measured 1/2" in on both sides and 3/4' up from the bottom and simply cut on the lines being sure to not cut all the way to the top (I left a half inch border). I scored the top and bottom of my flap and then again in the middle of my flap. Once all that was done, I simply put my card together with the slider piece underneath attached to the bottom of the flap. I colored up that sweet little girl, sun and flowers and attached them to my card. I wanted the sun to show with the greeting, so I simply attached the sun behind the girl's hat with some foam tape. I think it turned out so cute and I can't wait to get it in the mail on it's way to my crafty BFF :) 




I'm also going to be entering this card into the following challenges:
  1. Shopping Our Stash #307: Happy Mail (This is going into the mail tomorrow)
  2. Creatalicious Challenges #117 ANything Goes: Optional Die Cuts/Punches
  3. DL ART June Linky Party: Anything Goes

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog today!
I really appreciate it!
I hope you have a great crafty day!!

Supply List:
--Cardstock: Recollections
--Stamps: Polynesian Paradise & Every Day Is A Picnic (MFT), Alpha Pack (MCT)
--Dies: Every Day Is A Picnic (MFT)
--Inks: Broken China & Twisted Citron Distress Inks, Tuxedo Black Memento
--Copics: Skin: E000, E00, E11. Hair: E07, E15, E37. Sun: Y13, Y15, Y19 Clothes: B34, B37, B45, RV13, RV21. Flowers: G24, Y15
--Misc.: Circle Punch, Wink Of Stella, Crochet Thread, Foam Tape, white gel pen

9 comments:

DIANA L. said...

This is so sweet. I love how your girl pops up to show her smiling face and add sunshine to someone's day, great colors and coloring
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes JUNE Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART crinkle ribbon
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Marilyn said...

Cute!!

Georgiana said...

Super cute. I like that you improvised for not having the die. I skipped this one, but may go back now.

Barbara Godden said...

Very cute great improvisation!!! it proves you don't need dies to make a great slider. while I'm here Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the Happy Mail challenge.

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhh super fab card Stacey!!
Thanks for taking on the "Happy Mail" challenge with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Stacey: I'm a bit late, but still wanted to let you know how adorable is this card, awesome, no die slider card, beautiful coloring too.
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

malwinkowo-scrap said...

Beautiful:)!

Scrapper69 said...

I didn't have the die set either... went a different route on my slider.. But I LOVE the way yours turned out... So Pretty with that Fantastic background! You rock'd this challenge! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations


Gale said...

Super cute card Stacey. Love how she pops up. Thanks for sharing with us at Creatalicious and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...