Saturday, September 23, 2017

Candy Corn Halloween Card

Hi crafty friends!
Today I would like to share a project that I created using some fabulous dies and stamps that can be found in the Dies R Us Store

I'm really looking forward to Halloween so I felt the need to make a Halloween themed card. It's my favorite holiday to craft for. What's yours? I also really love all the candy involved with Halloween if I'm being honest haha! It's a definite bonus!! We typically buy candy pretty early here and then are so tired of it by the time the big day arrives that one lucky trick or treater normally ends up with whatever is left in our bowl at the end of the night. 

When I saw these cute Candy Corn Add On's for the How You Bean set from Lawn Fawn, I knew they needed a special place in my house. Here is the card that I created to share with you today:


This was so super simple to put together and really quite easy which would make it pretty great if you had to mass produce them. I created my A2 card base with some black cardstock and added some fun orange polka dot paper on top. I used the Stitched Journaling Card die from Lawn Fawn and cut out a piece from white and black cardstock, cut off a strip of the black and adhered it to the white to give the illusion of a shelf/counter. I stamped out that fun little mason jar from the How You Bean? stamp set and added the candy corns from the How You Bean Candy Corn Add On to the center. I wrapped some baker's twine around my jar and added it to my card front. I used the Scalloped Treat Box Haunted House Add On to cut out a couple of bats to add to my card. I heat embossed my greeting in white onto some black cardstock, notched the end and popped it up with some foam tape. I added an enamel dot to finish it off. I love how it turned out!! Candy corn with no guilt or calories?? Win!

Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below. 


click below for:


Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you have a great crafty day!

Supply List:
--Cardstock; Black Licorice (lawn Fawn), White (Copic & Georgia Pacific)
--Patterned Paper: Lawn Fawn
--Stamps: How You Bean?, How You Bean Candy Corn Add On (Lawn Fawn)
--Dies: How You Bean?, Stitched Journaling Card, Scalloped Treat Box Haunted House Add on (Lawn Fawn)
--Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento, Versamark
--Copics: BG0000, BG000, C2, C4, C6, Y32, Y35, YR04, YR07
--Misc.: Trendy Twine, Enamel Dot, Foam Tape, White Embossing Powder

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cute card!!

Scrapper69 said...

I totally like this card - so simple & yet so fun for Halloween! I was debating on getting that stamp too.... dang it.... Now I NEED to have it! LOL :)

Theresa

Georgiana said...

Looks yummy with all the candy corns.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...