Thursday, June 13, 2013

Altered Birdhouse


Hi everyone!
Happy Thursday!

Today I get to show you another project that uses that awesome


For my project, I decided to alter a birdhouse for a cute little home decor item.
I found this little birdhouse at my local craft store for $1.
It was unfinished wood, so I simply painted it white with some acrylic paint and let it dry. Once it was dry, I started embellishing. I added some patterned paper to the roof and then to cover the seam going down the middle, I simply added a piece of white cardstock that I folded in half and used a border punch to give it a decorative edge. Then I added some lace and string pearls to the front of my roof. I also added some pearls all along the bottom edge of the house. Then I simply punched out 3 butterflies and layered them on top of each other to give some dimension and added a flight trail with some glitter. For my finishing touch, I made that cute little flower using some Patchwork CANDi and added some leaves from a leaf punch.

Here is a side view picture:


Here is a closeup picture of my CANDi flower:

I used Patchwork CANDi on my project:

You can check out the Craftwork Cards store to see all the great patterns available in the CANDi line by clicking HERE

You can also find CANDi at many online retailers in the USA including

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and taking a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it!

Don't forget to stop by the Craftwork Cards USA DT blog for daily inspiration!

I hope you have a fabulous crafty day!
Photobucket
Supplies:
Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific), Pear Pizzazz (SU!)
Patterned Paper: DCWV
CANDi: Patchwork
Punches: Rose Leaf Punch (Martha Stewart), Classic Butterfly (Martha Stewart), Scallop Sentiment (Fiskars)
Misc.: Wooden Birdhouse, String Pearls (Nicole), Lace, Glossy Accents, Dazzling Diamonds (SU!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very pretty! That's an amazing flower, Stacey!
Evelyn

kisatrtle said...

Super cute!

Cards and Crafts by Sheree said...

Very very cute Stacey! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...