Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Shopping Our Stash #262: A Stitch In Time


Hey everyone and happy Tuesday!!
It's time for a new challenge over at 

This week, challenge #262 is....
A Stitch In Time
(use stitching on your project. Sewing machine, Faux Stitching, etc.)

Here is the project that I created for this challenge:


Last month, my hubby bought me a cute little pink sewing machine. It's the perfect size for papercrafting and I was excited to actually pull it out and use it for this project. I used a straight stitch and tried to sew a straight line all around my wood patterned paper. I cut a two inch strip of polka dot paper and proceeded to try and sew a straight line around that also. Sewing straight is definitely not my thing, as you can see lol! Oh well, gives it character right? ;) I added some little scallop borders along the edges of the polka dot paper. I have had this patterned paper for about a year and a half now. I almost have the paper pad gone, so I'm feeling pretty excited about that. Once I had my papers picked out for my project, I knew which stamp I was going to use for image. I have had these faceless chickens and chickie face asst. stamps in my stash for quite a while now and can not remember when the last time I used them was. I tried to find out by looking at older blog posts but couldn't find any. I'm pretty sure it has been at least a year, probably longer since the last time I used them. After I had my image stamped and colored, I used a stitched oval die to cut it out and pop it up onto my card front with some foam tape. I used some older SU! punches for my greeting, also popped up with foam tape. 

Be sure to head over to the Shopping Our Stash Challenge Blog to see what my design team sisters created. I hope you will decide to make a project and join us, I would love to see what you create!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it!
I hope you have a great crafty day!

 photo signaturecopy_zpsa1897fa6.png
Supply List:
--Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific & SSS)
--Patterned Paper: Dolled Up (MME)
--Stamps: Faceless Chickens & Chickie Face Asst. (Peachy Keen Stamps)
--Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
--Dies: Scallop Border (Pink & Main), Scalloped Stitched Oval Dies (MCT)
--Punches: Modern Label & Word Window (SU!)
--Copics: C0, C1, G94, R17, R29, YR07, YR09
--Misc.: Foam Tape, Sewing Machine, Thread, Chalk, White Gel Pen

9 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute chickie and fab. card, straight stitching isn't happening on mine either. we just need more practice.

Mimi said...

Cute chicken! You mean you can change the faces??? FUN!!! Don't worry: I can't do straight lines either... They'd fire me at the factory.

Kimberly J. said...

Oh my gosh, you know I love these chicks!! Awesome job with the stitching too!! Great card, friend!! :)

Chris Dring said...

That has got to be the cutest chicken evah!!! Love how you colored her and what a fabulous card design!

Scrapper69 said...

That is just so CUTE Stacey! And how nice of your hubby to get you a sewing machine in pink no less! I can't sew a straight line to save me either, but I do agree it gives it character! : I think it adds more to the design for sure! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

lauren bergold said...

i think you did BRILLIANTLY for your first time of using your new machine! believe me, my first 1/2 dozen tries were BEYOND "wonky" lol! (something you may find helpful at first is to pencil (VERY lightly) a line to follow... it is easier to stay straight than just watching the edge. also, if you move into trying curves or circles at all, you will need to hand-crank the machine!) (sorry if either of these are embarrassingly obvious, all i can say is they were NOT obvious to ME when i started machine stitching on paper and they are the 2 things i wish in retrospect someone would've told me, lol!) :)

Jeannie said...

My goodness this is just so incredibly adorable!!

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

snappy scrappy said...

Too darn cute!!!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Thanks so much! I would have definitely tried the pedal for a curve! I will try the pencil line next time also :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...