Wednesday, January 29, 2014

MCT Inspiration Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday!!
Everyone ready for the upcoming weekend? I hope you have a lot of fun things planned and maybe even a little crafting ;) 

Today over at the My Creative Time blog, we are bringing you 
Inspiration Wednesday!!
We will be bringing you projects based on something that has inspired us in some way.

I don't have a photo to show you of my inspiration but I will tell you about it :)
Last week we got blanketed with some of that pretty white stuff. Yep!, I'm talking about SNOW!
I know that is a much dreaded word for a lot of people but I LOVE it!!
Maybe because where I grew up we never got any. Anywho, now that we are living someplace where we get snow at least once a year (on average), I can't get enough of it! I love the way it sparkles when the sun hits it, the laughter of the children playing in it, driving out of my neighborhood and seeing all the fun snowpeople that had been built and remembering the days of when my children and I would go out and play in it and then come inside and have a nice hot cup of cocoa while we got warmed back up just to go back out and play some more. :) So last week when I was sitting inside watching the snow fall, I got inspired! I decided to make a little pocket box to put some hot cocoa packets in.


After I built my box, I added some patterned paper to the front. Then I knew I wanted to decorate a tag for the main focus of my box front. I used a tag from the Tag Dies set. I love that little scallop border along the bottom! I stamped my sentiment from the You're So Cool Stamp set and added some glitter to the bottom of my tag to replicate the sparkle of the snow.  How cute is that little snowman from the You're So Cool stamp set? I love him! I stamped him onto a piece of scrap paper and then fussy cut him out so that I would be able to pop him up with some foam adhesive. Once that was done, I simply adhered my tag to the front of my box. To finish it off, I added a little red bow that I made using the Fun Size Scallop Stitched Bow Die. I love those bows!! They are so adorable!

Here is a view of my box from the side so that you can see the dimension:


And inside the box, I was able to fit 2 packets of hot cocoa:

Yum-o!! I love cocoa!
I have a feeling this little box will be getting sent to my daughter who loves this hot chocolate more than I do, I think lol!

Be sure to check out the My Creative Time blog to see all the inspiring projects that my wonderfully talented Design Team sisters came up with! They never disappoint!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and taking a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it!!
I hope you have a great crafty day!!
 photo signaturecopy_zpsa1897fa6.png

Supplies Used:

Other products Used:
Patterned Paper: Peppermint Express (American Crafts)
Cardstock: White (Recollections) Real Red (SU!)
Inks: Real Red (SU!), Tuxedo Black (Memento), Timber Brown (StazOn), Pumpkin Pie (SU!), Versa Mark
Misc.: Dimensionals (SU!), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (SU!), Clear Embossing Powder (Tsukineko), Enamel Dot Stickers (Recollections), 1" Circle Punch (Fiskars), Glossy Accents

13 comments:

Crafting Katie said...

Eek! Your little box is so stinkin' cute, Stacey! I'm with you, living where it never snows, I would love it too!!!

Joan Smith said...

Your box is adorabs!! I love all the ideas you came up with to get this adorable look. I love snow too I love the beauty of it all I in Michigan so have had snow all my life. I love sitting at my dining room as I am right now on my laptop and looking thru my doorwall out on the golf course and lots and lots of snow on the ground and it's so beautiful. I love cocoa too so your idea totally rocks. I so love what you've done with all of Miss Emma's goodies. You are a very creative, clever and talented gal.

snappy scrappy said...

This cocoa box is so adorable!!!!

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

Your project is ADORABLE Stacey!! Love all the details. ♥♥ Hugs, T

sarah said...

This just tooo cute & TFS!!!!

Georgiana said...

I definitely love hot cocoa when it snows. Great box and love that glitter snow.

jessica said...

This is so super CUTE Stacey!!
What a GREAT idea!!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Love your pocket box. The glitter snow and sweet snowman are so sweet. I like the little bow die too. Super job! Your daughter will love it.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Glora said...

Such a cute little box and I love that hot chocolate. YUMMY! Sweet and adorable little gift! Hugs- Glora

LucyLu said...

This project is completely SWEET...love it!

bumblebee creations said...

so cute!!! love the bright colors! I have blog candy...I hope you can join in!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

oh stacey, this is the perfect little gift, she will love it!!!!

Kim H said...

Stacey ~ Oh this is ADORBS!!! I LOVE how you decorated that adorable box! Okay you can come live here ~ I am so over the snow, freezing rain and everything in between! LOL! I will say we haven't had it as bad as others so I am grateful for that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...