Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Christmas Cardinal

Hi Crafty friends!
I hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday!
Today I have a Christmas card to share with you that I made with a few challenges in mind.

The challenges that I am entering are:
(I used a bow, green and an image)

&


Here is a look at the card that I created:


If you come to my blog often, you've probably read that I made it a personal goal to make at least one Christmas card a month this year to try and get ahead, at least by a little lol! When I saw the sketch for Mojo Monday, I knew this chubby little cardinal would be perfect to put inside that circle focal point! I started with a red cardbase and covered it with some kraft patterned paper from Echo Park. I added a strip of green and white patterned paper from the same paper collection so it would match perfectly and then rounded one of the top corners of my card. I added a bit of doodling along the perimeter with a black sharpie pen and then started working on my image. I printed the digi stamp from 2 Cute Ink onto a piece of Hammermill Digital paper and colored it with my Copic markers. I used a circle die to cut it out and then backed it onto a red circle that I also cut out using a die. I adhered it to my card base and added a bit of glitter for the snowflakes and snow on the branch. I stamped my greeting, used more circle dies to cut it out, popped it up with foam tape and added a little crochet thread bow. I completed my card with a few white Nuvo drops.


I think this turned out so incrediby cute and since there isn't a lot of dimension, it will be super easy to mail! Gotta love that, especially during the holidays!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and taking a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it!
I hope you have a great crafty day!
Products Used:
--Copics:
  • Bird: R39, R29, R27, R20, YR09, N4, N2, N0
  • Scarf: G46, YG63
  • Brach: G46, E35
--Cardstock: White (Hammermill), Red (Recollections)
--Patterned Paper: My Favorite Christmas (Echo Park)
--Digi Stamp: Winter Cardinal (2 Cute Ink)
--Sentiment Stamp: Teeny Tag Holidays (My Creative Time)
--Dies: Nesting Circles (WRMK)
--Misc.: Foam Tape, White Nuvo Drops, Red Crochet Thread, White Gel Pen, Corner Rounder



7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cute Christmas card!
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous I really love this cute cardinal - thanks for playing along at Christmas 24 - Jacqueline DT x

Deborah Frings said...

Such a cute card - love that cardinal! Thanks so much for playing along with Christmas 24 Challenge. Deborah, DT. x

Grietje said...

Such a cuty. Love the little bird and the coloring! Thank you for joining us at 24 Christmas. Hope to see you again for our next challenge. Good luck!'

Hugs Grietje DT

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is so darling! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

Marie Bingaman said...

Hi Stacey! I have seen your card in various places on the internet, and I have loved it every time! I'm so glad I got to comment on it for the Christmas with the Cuties team! I just love everything about this card! Thanks for joining us! :)

~Marie B -DT

Shona Hamill said...

Gorgeous card, this is such a cute digi and the papers are fab too. Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas with the Cuties. Shona xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...