Thursday, December 3, 2020

Merry

 Hi everyone!
I hope this finds you well!
I can not believe that it is already December!! It has been such a weird year!

I've been working on some Christmas cards and I would like to share my latest one.


I started by creating an A2 cardbase from some white cardstock and layering a bit of plaid patterned paper on top. Next I added a strip of green cardstock to one side and then doodled all around the perimeter with a black sharpie pen. I used a Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle Die to cut out my white layer and added a piece of vellum behind it before popping it up onto my card front with some foam tape. I die cut the MERRY from some red cardstock and glued that to my card. Once I had that glued down, I realized that I also wanted to incorporate the word Christmas but I already had my dimension going with my white layer being popped up on foam tape.  Thankfully I have a Misti Stamping Tool so I just slipped my card in there and stamped Christmas with some black ink, hoping for the best lol! Luck was on my side and the stamping came out perfectly! Once I had that done, I colored up that adorable little Penguin with some Copic markers and fussy cut him out. I adhered him to my card and added some glossy accents to his little feet and beak. I finished my card with a few star sequins/confetti pieces as well as some white Nuvo drops. I think it came out so cute and that little penguin wearing his little sweater just makes me smile!

I will be entering my card into the following challenges:

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and taking a look at my latest card!
I really appreciate it!
I hope you have a great crafty day!
Products Used:
--Cardstock: Old Olive (SU!), Red (Recollections), White (Hammermill), Vellum
--Patterned Paper: Christmas Plaids (Recollections)
--Stamps: Toatsy Greetings & Polar Opposites (MFT)
--Dies: Stacked Merry & Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
--Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
--Copics: R27, R29, R39, YR07, YG17
--Misc.: White Gel Pen, Foam Tape, White Nuvo, Sequins, Clear Wink Of Stella





6 comments:

Michelle N. said...

Such a cute penguin, and love your paper choices! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Arlene said...

I would never have known you doodled the detail in around the panel - perfect doodling. I love the penguin and those wonderful large MERRY letters. Such a very cute card.

So glad you joined us in the "Anything Goes" challenge at https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/

Marilyn said...

Cute card!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️

Donna Walls said...

Love your card layout and the chubby little penguin is just too adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges and Happy New Year! Donna, DT

Leslie said...

Absolutely adorable! Thanks so much for sharing with us in our challenge over at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog this month! We appreciate you joining us!
Hugs,
Leslie, MLCCB DT
Love To Scrap 2

Sari / Granne said...

Such a sweet card with beautiful bold sentiment and traditional Christmas colors. Thank you for joining our "feature a creature"-challenge at SheepSki Designs, I hope to see you in our new challenge also. Happy new year 2021!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...