Thursday, June 10, 2021

Aloha!

Hi crafty friends!
I hope this is finding you well and enjoying your Summer!
We have had super hot and humid days so far in my area and it is only the beginning of June!
Warm weather really makes me think about beach days though so I decided to play around with some dies and make a card inspired by the beach.

Here is a look at what I created:


I started by creating my Sunrise panel by blending together some oxide inks in the colors, Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade and Worn Lipstick. I used the card Mat Dies from Jaded Blossom to cut it out so I would have some stitching around the perimeter. I used the card mat dies again to cut out my Kraft and Blue cardstock so everything would line up on the sides and then used the Tropical Dies (also from JB) for the top of the Sand and Waves. I adhered that panel to a white cardbase and started building my adorable Tiki Bar! I used the Tiki Hut Dies to build my bar and popped it up onto my card with foam tape. I decided some seagulls would be needed so I pulled out a stamp set from Lawn Fawn and stamped just a few for a little visual interest. I added my die cut greeting to the bar along with a tropical flower to the bottom and a few sequins to complete my card.


I love how this turned out and since the entire card (almost) was mainly die cutting, it actually came together rather quickly, gotta love that!

I will be entering my card into the following challenges:

&


Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it so much!
I hope you have a great crafty day!
Products Used:
--Cardstock: White (Recollections & Bristol Smooth), Kraft, Blue and Tan (Recollections), Early Espresson (SU!), Cilantro & Guava (Lawn Fawn), Daffodil Delight (SU!)
--Inks: Tea Dye, Squeezed Lemonade, Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxides, Black Memento
--Dies: Card Mat Dies, Tropical Flower Dies, Tropical Dies 1 & 2, Tiki Hut Dies (Jaded Blossom)
--Stamp: Smooth Sailing (Lawn Fawn)
--Misc.: Foam Tape, Sequins, White Gel Pen, Brown Micron Pen, Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen.










9 comments:

Joanne said...

This is so beautiful! Makes me want to get back to Hawaii.

Skrater said...

Wow this is a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing! Love the aloha font.

Larelyn said...

This is such a great card. All the die cuts look fabulous on your amazing background. Thanks for joining our Jaded Blossom Summer Vibe challenge.

Cindy Beland said...

GORGEOUS!!! Thank you for joining our Jaded Blossom Summer challenge.

Rosie said...

I love everything about this card!! Thank you for playing along in the Jaded Blossom Challenge! Hugs, Rosie

Rosie said...

I love everything about this card!! Thank you for playing along in the Jaded Blossom Challenge! Hugs, Rosie

teachdanz said...

absolutely stunning Stacey!! Thanks so much for joining in this month's Jaded Blossom Challenge!!

Marcia - The Frolicking Fairy said...

Holy smokes! Stunning card! Thank you for playing along with Jaded Blossom!

Kate said...

What a fab card - I could do with a cocktail served in a coconut right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...