Hi everyone and happy Thursday!
It's time for a new challenge over at the
The topping this go around is...
Of course, the topping is always completely optional.
"Anything Goes" Birthday is perfectly fine!
Here is a look at the card that I created for the challenge...
As I was searching through my dies, trying to decide which set to use for my frames, I came across these cute little Eyelet style ones and thought they would be perfect to use on my card, especially paired with a fun little cross stitch piece. I love cross stitching and find some time everyday to stitch on something, we won't talk about how many works in progress I currently have lol!
Here's how I made it....
I started by creating a top folding A2 cardbase from some white cardstock. I cut out two frames, one from pink patterned paper and the other in white, layered them on top of each other and adhered them to my card base. I used a cross stitched edge rectangle die, embossed it with a polka dot embossing folder and glued that to the top of my white frame. I went to the Lawn Fawn site, got the free pattern for the strawberry and using their dies, cross stitched the pattern onto some light pink cardstock. I popped up the berry piece to the front of my card using some foam tape and added a little bow that I created using some black cording. I didn't have the right sentiment in my stash so I created one in Word and printed it out onto a piece of light pink cardstock. I used a die to cut it out and popped it up with foam tape as well.
I think this came out so adorable!!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and taking a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it!
Be sure to stop by the Seize The Birthday Challenge Blog to read all about the challenge and link up your own birthday project!
Be sure to stop by the Seize The Birthday Challenge Blog to read all about the challenge and link up your own birthday project!
I hope you have a great crafty day!
Products Used:
- Cardstock: White (Hammermill), Ballet Slippers (Lawn Fawn)
- Patterned Paper: Spring Fling (Lawn Fawn)
- Dies: Embroidery Hoop and Build A House Beach Add Ons (I used the flag for my screw in the hoop) (Lawn Fawn), Eyelet Layer Frames (Simon Says Stamp), Sentiment Strips (Pretty Pink Posh), Cross Stitch Rectangle Stax (MFT)
- Font: Birthday Cake Print Font in 20pt
- Misc.: DMC Floss, Sweet Strawberry Pattern (Lawn Fawn), Foam Tape, Black Cording





0 comments:
Post a Comment