Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Shopping Our Stash #289

Hey everyone and happy Tuesday!!
It's time for a new challenge over at 

This week challenge #289 is....
Winter Blues
(Use blue but DO NOT make a Winter card.)

Here is what I created:


I found this cute patterned paper in my stash and so a birthday card was a must for me for this challenge lol! I used a die to create that fun scallop rectangle that I placed onto my card base and then I layered an embossed piece of white cardstock on top. I die cut the balloon and popped it up with some foam tape. I added a little black thread bow to match the string. I was going to call it good but my card still looked like it needed something to me.  I randomly started placing sequins and star confetti in a diagonal line and loved the end result! It reminds me of confetti being thrown and a single balloon getting lose and flying away lol!

Neglected Items From My Stash That I Used Are:

  • Patterned Paper: I got it from the Dollar Spot about a year ago and used it for the first time on this card
  • Polka Dot Embossing Folder: I always reach for the mini (swiss) dot folder instead of this one.

Be sure to stop by the Shopping Our Stash challenge blog to see the amazing creations my design team sisters created. I hope you will decide to play along with us, I would love to see what you create.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking a look at my latest creation!
I really appreciate it!
❤ I hope you have a great crafty day! ❤

 photo signaturecopy_zpsa1897fa6.png
Supply List:
--Cardstock; White (Georgia Pacific)
--Patterned paper: StudioG
--Dies: Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies & More (MCT), Scallop Rectangles (Gina Marie), Party Balloons (Lawn Fawn)
--Misc.: Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Foam Tape, Sequins, Confetti, Crochet Thread

11 comments:

lauren bergold said...

what an incredibly lovely card, missus! every single element is JUST RIGHT!!!!

Chana Malkah said...

This so nicely crafted! Love the CAS design and your beautiful execution!
Hugz!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Stacey, every time I see a card made with this scalloped stitched dies I think I'm in bad need of a set and now, your beautiful and fun card pushed me towards that goal.
Love that pattern paper, just perfect for this fantastic birthday card. The sequences and the stars are an amazing detail, love this design.
Hugs,
Maria.

Marina said...

Would be a great bday card for any age or gender and I love the scattered sequins.

Scrapper69 said...

I so love this card Stacey! I love that's it's gender neutral and FUN! I may have to CAS it! :) Have a great day!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute!

Donna said...

Loves it! The pretty patterned paper, all the layers, the balloon, the stitching, the bling and of course the BLUE!

Barbara Godden said...

Love your card, love the balloon and all the other elements, awesome card to have in your stash. (I reach for swiss dots first too)

Ina G said...

So many fabulous elements to gaze over here Stacey (oops I see Barbara said the same lol) but it is true. Fabulous and colourful!

Georgiana said...

Loving the blue balloon on that background. Definitely a fun birthday card.

Mimi said...

This is a great card-- so much visual and real texture! Love the dots and love all of the sequins!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...