Friday, January 30, 2015

Sympathy Card

Happy Friday!

Tonight I have a card to share with you that I made for the challenge over at


Sympathy cards are so hard to make. I have none in my stash so even though this was a tough challenge, at least I now have one just in case. As pretty as this card is, I really hope it just kinda collects dust and never has to be used. To create my card, I cut out my flower from the Spring Cottage Cricut cartridge and placed it inside a frame that I cut out from the Elegant Edges cartridge. My flower was cut out in all white and then I just inked the leaves and stem with green ink, making it lighter and darker in certain areas to give a bit more dimension. I also added a bit of sparkle to my flower by added some shine from my Wink Of Stella Clear glitter brush pen. On my pink layer, I heat embossed the sentiment as well as the edges with silver embossing powder. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and taking a look at my latest creation.
I really appreciate it!

I hope you have a great crafty day!
 photo signaturecopy_zpsa1897fa6.png

Supply List:

Cardstock: Neenah Solar White
Patterned Paper: In Bloom (MME)
Inks: VersaMark, Peeled Paint (Ranger)
Cricut Cartridge: Elegant Edges & Spring Cottage
Misc.: Silver Embossing Powder (SU!), Foam Adhesive

11 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!!!!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

stacey, your card is just beautiful!

Sukie said...

Very lovely card, the soft colors look so pretty. The embossed sentiment is such a nice touch!

Joan Smith said...

Oh Stacey what a Gorgeous sympathy card. Gosh you really did one outstanding creative job.
I just love the flowers and the frame you have them in. It will be treasured.

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh Stacey!! This is sooooo beautiful!!! I so love it!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Sympathy Card' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

Scrapper69 said...

This is such a lovely sympathy card Stacey! I LOVE the flower.... Beautifully done! :)

Theresa

Georgiana said...

So pretty for such a sad occasion. Love the silver embossing on the edges.

Caroline said...

This is such a beautiful sympathy card. I love the flowers and the silver embossing on the card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

moknowsall said...

wow - the embellishments make this already beautiful card really pop. the flowers are incredible
thanks for joining bbtb2 this week
maureen

Kim H said...

Oh Stacey ~ this is just STUNNING! I think it s so BEAUTIFUL and the silver embossing is the PERFECT touch!

Kelly Plamondon said...

This card is gorgeous. I never even thought of embossing the edges. This is what I love about our craft. I am always learning and being inspired. TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...